- Economic Strength and Diversity
- Municipal Services
- Family Oriented community
- Under developed, unattractive, retail area
- Traffic congestion
- Unregulated unregistered rental property
- Business perceived difficulty working with the city
- Nothing to attract young professionals (night life)
- Following MasterPlan
- Regional Cooperation resulting in positive impact
- Improve, expand access, to recreational areas (Timberlane & Arther Rd Pool)
- Connector Rd and exits
- Recycling / Green Energy
- Diminishing availability of school funding sources
- Aging industrial infrastructure
- Development in adjacent communities (they get money, we get traffic)
- Diminishing capacity for waste removal (dump space, could increase taxes)
- Regionalism that negatively impacts (misguided regionalism proposals)
Minutes are here.
One member raised the issue of the "three slabs"
The rails to trails discussion, involved passing out a map and telling the committee we must set priorities and that the N&S railroad has funding and legislative support. We could mention the W&LE, but N&S is a priority, see the comparison for yourself below:
|Status||Officially Abandoned||Unused but not abandoned|
|Track and RR Ties||Removed||Present|
|Plant Growth||Generally clear||Very overgrown|
|Partnership opportunity||MetroPark||Cuyahoga County|
|Viability as trail||Immediate||Long term|
|Destination||Solon to Chagrin Falls||Bainbridge Market Place to Downtown Cleveland|
W&LE is abandoned and usable now!
See more info at the new Solon Trails Site.
Minutes are unavailable.